JSK37U Series Fifth Wheels Overview
The JSK37U series is JOST’s flagship line of cast ductile iron fifth wheels that is a standard specification option at every OEM. This series features the original locking mechanism that all other JOST fifth wheels are based on and sets the industry standard for fifth-wheel construction and functionality. Designed with safety and operator efficiency in mind, the features included in the JSK37U line are included in all other JOST fifth wheel products.
- Available with a cushion ring or steel wear ring
- Infinite adjustment
- 3-Point Locking System
- Anti-high coupling lugs
- Requires only 60lbs of force to open
- Can be rebuilt on truck in 30 minutes without removing the top plate
Key Features & Benefits
Replaceable Cushion Ring
JOST Locking Mechanism
Anti-High Coupling Lugs
Download the jost fifth wheel catalog
A comprehensive look into each of the JOST fifth wheel products.
Parts, Assemblies & Specs
JOST’s JSK37U Series is available in standard, air release, and low lube top plate options, all of which seamlessly pair with a range of mount styles to suit any commercial trucking application. The JSK37U series has a maximum vertical rating of 50,000 lbs and a maximum horizontal rating of 150,000 lbs.
All JSK37U Series literature is available below:
standard Top Plate - JSK37U Series
low lube top plate - JSK37UW Series
- Product Overview – [PDF]
- Operation Instructions – [PDF]
- Operation Instructions with Retractable Handle – [PDF]
- Operation Instructions with Air Release – [PDF]
- Maintenance Procedures – [PDF]
- Maintenance Procedures with Retractable Handle – [PDF]
- Maintenance Procedures with Air Release – [PDF]
- Other Important Procedures – [PDF]
- Product Bulletin – Low Lube Plate Update – [PDF]
- Parts List – [PDF]
Air Release Handle top plates - JSK37U A
inboard “b” style mounting bracket (obsolete)
Inboard “u” style mounting bracket
Outboard Style Mounting Bracket
- Product Bulletin – Slider Update – [PDF]
- Product Bulletin – Reinforced Slider – [PDF]
- Slide Bracket Replacement Procedures – [PDF]
- Slider Repositional Stop Procedure – [PDF]
- Slider Frame Rail Inspection Procedures – [PDF]
- Travel Indicator Installation – [PDF]
- Troubleshooting – [PDF]
- Parts List – [PDF]
Bracket Exchange Program: The JOST Bracket Exchange Program offers additional flexibility. JOST will send a new bracket to you, in return of your current bracket.
Please call Customer Service at 800-253-5105 to learn more.
Inspection & Maintenance Guidelines
Additional Service Tools & Parts
Interested in jost fifth wheel products?
Use our dealer locator tool to find a certified parts dealer near you.
Want more information? Have a question about a product or part? Fill out the form to submit your request.
Claims should be filed with JOST or any authorized sales or service outlet within 60 days of product failure.
Measure and compare the total cost of ownership of a JOST fifth wheel vs. competitor fifth wheels.
JOST International is a world market leader for the commercial trucking industry. As a pioneer of efficient, safe, and innovative systems for trucks and trailers, we proudly supply fifth wheel couplings, trailer landing gear, kingpins, turntables, and more.
JOST International - Member of JOST-World